The Three Types of US-Led Regime Change Attacks On Sovereign Nations - Joe Lauria
2022.01.23 06:18 KolozegOrg The Three Types of US-Led Regime Change Attacks On Sovereign Nations - Joe Lauria
2022.01.23 06:18 PokEmoNpr0 My Cat stay with Victini
2022.01.23 06:18 la4life123 IBM Commercial Data Science Intern
I am going to intern in New York in the summer. How likely am I to get a full time offer?
submitted by la4life123 to IBM [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 melland21 23 [F] looking for fun on snapchat. My SC: melanie_lando21
submitted by melland21 to snapsexting1 [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 thy_holy_homo Currently cuddling with my homie
Bros before hoes
submitted by thy_holy_homo to teenagers [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 SpookieBandit if you had 30 seconds to think of a new superhero, who would it be?
submitted by SpookieBandit to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 CoochieMazter IF Persephone wasn’t in the picture, would you guys ship Hera and Hades? If so, why? If not, why? (ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME!)
2022.01.23 06:18 u-copycat Add Stories to your highlights on Instagram without showing it to stories
2022.01.23 06:18 hydrogenken Lakia joins IGZIST
Lakia(@lakiaone) has joined the IGZIST on a permanent transfer from DRX VS(@DRX_VS). We are delighted to welcome the best Initiator to IGZIST📷 https://twitter.com/IGZIST_GG/status/1485175475882266624
submitted by hydrogenken
to ValorantCompetitive [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 Drama-Current Will Poulter
2022.01.23 06:18 u-copycat Best programming tools for every beginner
2022.01.23 06:18 crytoloover IDO For 20x In A Month| Whitelist Open For Everyone| Dock Coin News
2022.01.23 06:18 Sweetanastasiaa Reliable project
As cryptocurrency continues to grow, investment in it will become vital, especially in choosing the right crypto that has enormous potential. For every investor, this project will be a huge success story. #Metaverse #Fashion #RUNfam #Runner #NFTs #AR
submitted by Sweetanastasiaa to DigitalCryptoWorld [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 svanapps r/Bitcoin - My cousin ended up loving this cup...
2022.01.23 06:18 u-copycat Adding Google Authentication Feature.
2022.01.23 06:18 quizshare420 Wulfie Dutxh - Fu$ion (Mixtape 2022) new unground trap check it out
submitted by quizshare420 to soundcloud [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 kushsmoke8 It’s one of the best battlefield game ever i’m in love with it
Battlefield 2042 is amazing it’s one of the best battlefield game ever I’m addicted to it don’t listen to the haters if you’re planning on getting it go ahead the game runs smooth and look amazing
submitted by kushsmoke8 to battlefield2042 [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 UnclePhilandy History repeating itself for a 3RD time???????
Super Bowls 16 and 23 the Bengals faced and lost to the SF 49ers. Everyone knows that, BUT BOTH AFC Championship games the Bengals faced the Buffalo Bills.
Yesterday, the 9ers and Bengals BOTH underdogs won to get to their Conference's Championships.
Will the Bills beat KC? And IF so will the Bengals beat the Bills and face SF in the 3rd Super Bowl?
submitted by UnclePhilandy to bengals [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 Gyeseongyeon My In-Depth Analysis of Both Vinland Saga Dubs
- Dialogue sounds more modern.
- Some liberties taken from the actual translation (script is technically less accurate to the Japanese, but for the most part still manages to get the point across).
- Character dialogue sounds like it flows a bit better, overall. Fewer instances of awkward pauses mid-sentence and no “stuttering” from characters (i.e. characters saying the same word twice to try and fit pauses in lip flaps in some sentences).
Audio Mixing Netflix:
- Takes a more conservative approach, staying more true to the Japanese dialogue, but still does occasionally take liberties to give certain moments with certain characters more “oomph.”
- Characters pause mid-sentence and stutter more with this script.
- Has a tendency to add in bits of dialogue or sounds (grunts, gasps, sighs, etc.) here and there in moments where there was not meant to be any dialogue (ex: Thorfinn pushed a random guy out of his way in the beginning of episode 8. In both the Japanese version and Netflix’s dub, Thorfinn didn’t say anything as he did so, but in Sentai’s dub, he said “asshole”).
- One egregious error: Thors calling Thorfinn “Thors” in episode 4.
- Swear words are used more religiously.
- Mixes vocals to sound realistic with the environments the characters are physically in.
Voice Work in General: Netflix:
- Takes after the Japanese’s style more, putting much more emphasis on the vocals, while the environment is secondary. Effects are still added to vocals, just not as consistently as with Netflix. _____________________________________________________
- Names in the show are pronounced in a more anglicized manner (ex: Askeladd pronounced “Ask-uh-lad” instead of “Ash-uh-lod” or “Ash-lod”).
- No accent work, although a slightly broken English was used in scenes with people who were supposed to speak different languages from each other, though not always.
- Most everyone sounds like they are putting in a similar amount of effort as everyone else, for both major and minor characters.
- Delivers intensity more consistently across more characters, rather than just a select few.
Comparing VAs for Characters (Netflix/Sentai):
- Pronounces names more conservatively, either in-line with the Japanese version, or even in-line with historical Old Norse pronunciation (ex: Vikings pronounced “Vee-kings” instead of “Vai-kings,” rolling “r’s”, in names, etc).
- Most foreigners (from the perspective of the Danes) are given accents, helping to differentiate who is who. However, some sound overdone (ex: Many English soldiers sound almost like Cockney caricatures).
- Performances do not sound as consistent across the board with all cast members. Some sound like they are putting more effort in than others.
- Does normal conversations well, something Sentai is consistently good at.
- Does not do subtlety in the voice acting as well as Netflix (ex: Halfdan’s dying slave in episode 1 speaks with too much energy in Sentai’s dub, while in Netflix’s dub, he sounds properly quiet and weak, which fits the situation much better).
- Kid Thorfinn (Laura Stahl/Shannon Emerick): Edge to Laura. Both are roughly equally good when speaking normally, and I think Shannon even has a slight edge over Laura when it comes to Thorfinn’s voice sounding more boyish. But Laura is MILES better than Shannon when it comes to intensity. Comparing Thorfinn’s fit of rage at the end of episode 4 between the two dubs is a night and day difference; Laura’s performance blew Shannon’s performance out of the water.
- Thors (Greg Chun/Jason Douglas): Edge to Jason. Both have pretty deep, fairly authoritative sounding voices, which I think fits well with a person of Thors’ physicality and reputation. However, Jason has a HUGE edge over Greg when it comes to nuance; Jason has a certain warmth to the timbre of his voice that Greg lacks, which better portrays Thors both as a father and as a grizzled, experienced war veteran. It’s not to say that Greg’s performance doesn’t convey these things, just not to the same degree as Jason’s.
- Ylva (Allegra Clark/Olivia Swasey): Edge to Allegra. I think both capture Ylva’s personality well, but I think Allegra’s voice is more fitting for the character, and I also like her emotional moments better.
- Ari (Billy Kametz/Tyler Galindo): Even. I think Billy’s voice sounds more fitting for this character compared to Tyler’s, but I feel Tyler’s overall performance reflects Ari’s naivete a little better.
- Leif (Frank Todaro/John Swasey): Even. Both have friendly, older-sounding voices that convey a sense of warmth, but also a sense of grizzled experience similar to that of Thors, as Leif has been through a lot himself. This is especially prominent when Leif talks about the death-defying adventures that he’s been on.
- Halfdan (Kaiji Tang/John Gremillion): John hands down. Kaiji sounds like he’s trying too hard voicing this character, and just listening in, I can tell this is not a voice he’s comfortable acting in (very deep). John sounds much more natural in comparison.
- Atli (Kaiji Tang/Ty Mahany): If talking about just the character himself, I think Ty sounds a little more fitting for Atli than Kaiji. But Kaiji’s Atli sounds like he has more chemistry with his brother Torgrim, who I also think individually sounds better in Sentai’s dub than Netflix’s, but not as good when the two brothers are talking with each other. As such, I’d say it’s roughly even.
- Floki (Keith Silverstein/Jay Hickman): Slight edge to Keith. Both sound quite fitting for this character, but their performances have different feels to them. Keith’s sounds a little more dramatic and theatrical, while Jay’s sounds more casual.. You could say this is a microcosm of how I often feel about Sentai’s dubs compared to Funimation’s or dubs from various studios in LA; Sentai takes the more laid-back approach, while the others often take a sharper, more dramatic approach. I just personally like the more dramatic, gritty feel that Keith’s voice brings to Floki over Jay’s, which works better, as Floki is a battle-hardened warrior. Jay’s voice also sounds like it cracks or breaks here and there during longer, more drawn-out sentences, maybe reflecting that the voice he’s putting on for Floki isn’t the most comfortable for him, while Keith’s sounds more consistently clear and good quality throughout. But overall, both VAs get the job done.
- Askeladd (Kirk Thornton/David Wald): The slightest edge to Kirk (51/49). Kirk has advantages in age-appropriateness (middle-aged sounding) and warmth. Despite his initial introduction as some sort of villain in the show, Askeladd comes to act like a father figure towards Thorfinn, and I get more of a fatherly vibe from Kirk’s performance than David’s (most notably in the final episode), perhaps due to that older-sounding voice. David has advantages in charisma (i.e. sounds more like a leader) and playfulness, but the latter having a caveat that sometimes it can be overdone, such as when he called Sweyn “a hideous warthog.” He sounded too playful there, which made the tone change of his following, more serious line of “yours is not the face of a true king” a little whiplash-inducing. Kirk, in comparison, doesn’t overdo the aspects that he does well in his portrayal of Askeladd, which is why he barely edges out David for me. But both Kirk and David made me hate him, love him, and I teared up like crazy at the end of the show. Both were great choices for Askeladd.
- Bjorn (Ray Chase/Andrew Love): Slight edge to Andrew. They both sound serious when it’s called for, but Ray comes off as sounding a little colder overall, while Andrew sounds friendlier when he’s striking up conversations with Askeladd, who he’s fought alongside for many years; it ends up making his speech about how he wanted to “be Askeladd’s friend” feel more impactful.
- Thorfinn (Aleks Le/Mike Haimoto): Slight edge to Aleks. Aleks is a little bit better on average with Thorfinn’s screaming lines, but a little worse in regular conversations, while Mike is vice-versa. Mike’s normal speaking voice for Thorfinn has more of a natural angsty-ness compared to Aleks’s that I do like, but it comes at the cost of age-appropriateness; Mike’s Thorfinn sounds considerably older than Aleks’s to me. Both get the job done, both have their ups and downs, and I wouldn’t fault anyone in the slightest for preferring Mike.
- Thorkell (Patrick Seitz/Joe Daniels): Edge to Joe. Patrick still absolutely gets the job done, but there’s just something about the energy in Joe’s performance that just makes him sound like he’s more in tune with and having more fun with Thorkell. Prince Canute (Griffin Burns/Josh Grelle): Early into the show, I thought this was a dead even comparison, but after seeing both dubs in their entirety, I have to give my edge to Josh here. While Griffin does a better job than Josh while Canute is still shy and timid, it is not by an especially wide margin, and Josh completely eclipses Griffin when Canute gains confidence, carried mostly by his deeper, more commanding voice.
- Willibald (J. Michael Tatum/Kyle Colby Jones): Edge to J. Michael Tatum. I’ll admit, I might be a bit biased as I absolutely adore him as a VA. But looking from a more objective lens, this character doesn’t have the most amount of dialogue, and most of the dialogue he does have is of a more religious and also philosophical nature, and I feel J. Michael Tatum’s sharper, more refined sounding voice suits that sort of dialogue better.
- Ragnar (Kyle Hebert/Rob Mungle): Slight edge to Kyle. Both of their voices work well for this character, but I think Kyle sounds just a little more natural, and he sounds like he cares about Prince Canute a little more as well.
- Gratianus (DC Douglas/Chris Rager): Edge to Chris. DC works fine, but Chris’s voice has a bit of gruffness that gives Gratianus more of a leader vibe.
- King Sweyn (Jamieson Price/Luis Galindo): Big edge to Jamieson. Both his voice and his performance overall is more fitting for this character who’s supposed to be a king. Luis sounds flatter and more “tired,” for a lack of a better word. Sounding tired does make sense for Sweyn, because he is an old king who’s on his way out, but I just think Luis exaggerates this aspect a bit too much, while Jamieson sounds tired enough, but still manages to maintain enough of an authoritative tone that lets you know that Sweyn is still in charge.
Preferred VA is from Netflix's dub: 7/17
Preferred VA is from Sentai's dub: 6/17
VAs are even: 5/17 Final Verdict: If Sentai didn’t have the technical issues like Thorfinnn being called “Thors” and had less of the “stuttering” and pausing mid-sentence I heard from some characters, these two dubs would’ve been dead even. But as such, I give a slight edge overall to the Netflix dub for slightly better casting for most of the leads and cleaner scriptwork. But both dubs are solid overall and both have their ups and downs; you won’t go wrong watching either, and you’ll be treated to an amazing show with a great storyline.
submitted by Gyeseongyeon to Animedubs [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 accidentalglixch From UKLoking for advice on my CV which is 4 pages long. Unsure what career I want but like to help people. Has to be fully Remote.
submitted by accidentalglixch to Resume [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 Re_Barukun Self Accountability - How do I get better at it?
Sorry for the long post/rant ahead, I was inspired to write this by someone else who wrote about “to the me 10 minutes ago before relapsing”
As the title suggests, I’ve relapsed yet again, and I want to find ways to hold myself accountable and fight through the urges. I know that your lifestyle impacts how you do, so I hope some of you can give me some advice.
I know that when I feel lonely, or just going through a rough period, I will resort back to PMO and inevitably feel even worse afterwards. I’ve tried to find ways to transmute the energy, I exercise daily at the gym or go for a run, but it doesn’t seem to be enough for me, despite the change it has made for me in my nofap journey so far. I used to have streaks of up to 16 days, but lately I’ve been struggling to hit 3.
My situation is that I have been losing contact with friends (due to me moving to another city for the time being) and I think it’s impacting how quickly my urges come back. I’m also religious, so trying to find a girlfriend that I can have sex with isn’t a possibility for me. Is there anything I can do to help me stay “distracted” from myself outside of using social media?
In addition, whenever I feel the urge to peek, I get a sense of numbness from everything that has been bothering me, and as a result, I crave it more, as it frees me from tension for as long as the PMO lasts, until 5 minutes later where I feel like trash. Is there any other way to process stress and tension out of my mind outside of the habits which I already do (meditation, praying, cold showers)?
Thanks again for the read, looking to not feel so lost anymore.
submitted by Re_Barukun to NoFap [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 MeteorFalls297 Real Madrid and Barcelona sealed a non-aggression pact. The presidents of the two clubs agreed to not interfere during the player renewals. But for Haaland, the battle will be bloody, Joan Laporta is obsessed with preventing Haaland from becoming a Madridista.
2022.01.23 06:18 Inspector-Spade Speed in kata randori.
Hello I am new to judo and was wondering if the community had any suggestions for how to be faster and more explosive with my throws. During my last class my partner was in pin after kata randori because I lacked speed in my throw and so the momentum was halted and he was thrown down with a lot of force. I'm going as fast as I can but clearly it's not enough. Anyone have advice on how to get better to take care of my partners?
submitted by Inspector-Spade to judo [link] [comments]
2022.01.23 06:18 UraniumRailroad Fyke Island Tower (The Witcher III: Wild Hunt)
2022.01.23 06:18 newsdk Brand i forladt bygning: Ingen tilskadekomst
submitted by newsdk to newsdk [link] [comments]